Old October 27th 03, 11:40 AM
AndyP

Default Front light bracket too small. Help!

"Dene Wilby" wrote

I got a Trek 5900 in Spring this year to replace my trusty Trek 7000
mountain bike. Before I set off for work today I grabbed the light and
bracket from my Mountain bike but when I got to work i've since learned
that the handlebar on the road bike is too thick to attach the fitting.
Therefore I need a new front light ASAP. Any recommendations on a light
which will fit to my handlebars (standard bontrager which came with the
bike)? I don't need a rechargable system as my main riding is on a
morning so it's only a 5 mile ride home on a night via well lit roads.

On a similar note when I got a new MTB my lights wouldn't point straight on
the riser bars because they didn't have any sideways adjustability. I did
realise this at the time of purchase but I was planning to swap the bars for
flats and give the risers to someone else anyway. Anyone thinking about
buying lights to fit on riser bars take note.