Old October 27th 03, 02:10 PM
Dene Wilby

Default Front light bracket too small. Help!

In article , pbiggmellon
says...
Dene Wilby wrote:
I got a Trek 5900 in Spring this year to replace my trusty Trek 7000
mountain bike. Before I set off for work today I grabbed the light and
bracket from my Mountain bike but when I got to work i've since
learned that the handlebar on the road bike is too thick to attach
the fitting. Therefore I need a new front light ASAP. Any
recommendations on a light which will fit to my handlebars (standard
bontrager which came with the bike)? I don't need a rechargable
system as my main riding is on a morning so it's only a 5 mile ride
home on a night via well lit roads.

I know this is a silly question, sorry, but have you removed a section of
bar tape? Most light brackets fit road bars unless trying to fit over the
tape or cables.

Anyway, I recommend the Cateye HL-EL200: will get you seen (and just about
bright enough to light unlit sections in emergencies too), batteries last
well, quite small & light, will fit your bars. Buy from bike shop,
www.cyclexpress.co.uk or www.eBay.co.uk

Hi,

I have the Cateye HL-EL300 and it is this I have a problem with. The
bracket part number is H-30. I am trying to fit it on the un-taped part
of the handlebar near the stem. The bars are Bontrager Race Lite. The
trip computer fits perfectly on the opposite side but this bracket is
way too small. Now i'm trying to remember if this light came with two
brackets and I used the smallest for my mountain bike. Looks like i'm
gonna have to bite the bullet and have a walk down to halfords.
Otherwise it's home on the bus.

Dene