Old October 28th 04, 12:37 PM
Gags

Default Glowing helmet-band?

"Laurence Dodd" wrote in message
u...
I would see my local bike group to buy some adhesive reflector tape for

your
helmet (silver, red), and strips of light weight yellow plastic reflector
material that can be glued with rubber glue to your back pack (I got mine
from BQ in Brisbane in 1999). Put some some of the red reflector on your
backpack as well if it has a flat vertical surface at the back. I would
also buy some really good bike lights. Eg. Daylight Red LED, and Stadium
3.

"Andrew Reddaway" wrote in message
For night cycling visibility, I'm thinking the best combination of
eye-catching and low-hassle would be a glowing "strip" around the edge
of my helmet, say 2cm wide (in addition to the mandatory bike lights
and reflectors). Sure, it's probably also the daggiest option, but
let's ignore that for now...

This would be visible from all angles, at most drivers' eye level over
bonnets and through car windows. What do you ppl reckon? Does
something like this exist? The closest I can find:

If you are after some reflective tape, look up a place that makes road signs
and then buy some off-cuts. I did this at a place in Queanbeyan (don't
think that is how you spell it) which is on the NSW/ACT border and then did
up my hard-shell backpack so that now has pretty good visibility at night
(see link).

http://www.users.tpg.com.au/adsl4xun/Backpack.htm

I also put a strip of the orange reflective tape on each of the crank arms
of my commuter for a bit of added visibility from the side as I don't have
any of the orange reflectors in the spokes (I don't think that many people
leave these on even though I think that they have to be provided on new
bikes by law).

Ride On,

Gags