Old August 15th 08, 09:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
redwelly

Default How to drill a nightrider 36 rim?

scotthue wrote:

EDIT: Sam: Did you have to use special rim tape after you drilled the
rim?

Nope. Maybe I should have, but I just used 'normal' hockey tape.
Apprently it is lighter than other rim tapes, but it is also absorbant
so gets heavier if it's wet! The pattern of holes is narrow enough to
allow decent enough coverage with one loop of tape - again, saving
weight. I guessed that each circumference of tape is about 20g, so you
don't want to do two unless you really need to.

I've taken the tyre off several times now, and the tape is getting
quite peeled back in places, but I've had no problems with it so far.
All the holes have a chamfered edge so they aren't sharp.

Sam

--
redwelly