Old March 22nd 16, 03:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

Default Assault by motoring psychopath on cyclist filmed

On 22/03/2016 10:11 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Frank Krygowski:
I new nothing about the city, so we just headed due west through the
heart of it. In some neighborhood, we did get hostile shouts "Hey
Whitey, what are you doing here?" But we just kept riding.

I used to ride around the city a *lot* on weekends. In fact even today
if we are in a car and take a wrong turn or get lost somewhere
like-as-not I'll be thinking I've *been* here..

Never had a race-based hostile encounter. Maybe just dumb luck on my
part.

Once I was riding down a street and passed some guys in a convertible,
drinking out of a brown paper bag and one guy shouted "Hey man, that
dude's *enjoying* himself.

Another time I was talking to a guy on a corner and he said "You
probably should get out of this place because there is going to be a
gang war in about five minutes.".... Never heard of scheduled gang wars,
so maybe the guy didn't have both oars in the water.... but I said
"Thanks" and got out....

It seems to me that many urban cities have places where you don't want
to be. When I was a kid in New Orleans, the fire department stopped
showing up in some neighborhoods because they were starting the fires on
purpose and then shooting the firemen.

At the time I was a kid working on video games and pinball machines and
would go in the same neighborhood to service the games in their bars.
Never had any problem. Never went there on a bike though.