Old January 12th 19, 04:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default What is the point of tubeless tires?

On Saturday, January 12, 2019 at 7:10:12 AM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
On 1/11/2019 11:11 PM, wrote:
Seriously, what is the point of these things? What problem do they solve and is it worth the extra maintenance hassles for non-racing riders?

The Ethos of Sales:

"The crap we sold you last year is no good. Here's the new
one."

Dude, are you planning your own commercial demise? Get on board! As TK points out, if you live in goathead-ville, tubeless is great, and RR is better than slime-filled tubes in armored tires. Joerg should go tubeless, and in the MTB world, tubeless is king. I get enough plumbing and goopy fluids with Shimano hydraulic discs and probably will pass on tubeless, but OTOH, riding in rain and having little pieces of glass fret through my tires gets old, and tubeless might be just what I need. Next year -- or maybe the year after that.

-- Jay Beattie.