Old September 4th 17, 08:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Jobst

On Sunday, September 3, 2017 at 11:32:22 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 9/2/2017 6:30 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 9/2/2017 4:49 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per :
High numbers of deaths from hospital acquired infections
really only tells you that the general population is not
very healthy.

And in the USA that is primarily from a large illegal and
legal immigrant population that has arrived from
countries that do not have particularly good health.

How about antibiotic-resistant strains of bacteria like
MERSA?

That's the fault of the liberals. Tom will explain how.

He may well, but it's an equal-time offense.

One of our customers heads up the antibiotic abuse research
section at Inst. Pasteur in France. He corroborates a
Milwaukee GP's complaint that mothers bring in children with
viruses and insist on antibiotics right now. No prescription
= 'bad doctor', a label which can devastate a clinic's
practice as the mothers all gossip. Similar problem with
opiates for every little thing. Without an educated populace
the gatekeepers are powerless and wishing for an educated
population is a fool's dream. And here we are.

Most pains I solve with Aleve or Tylenol. But that big crash I had late last year gave me back pains so severe that nothing would work. The doctor grudgingly prescribe Hydrocodone - a synthetic opioid. That would knock out the pain for about 5 hours so I could get some sleep. It took about a week for the pain to subside so I quit them as fast as possible. And damn if I didn't feel addiction pangs. They aren't kidding when they say these sorts of things are addictive and that 80% of opioid addicts are from these pills.

A friend just had a pretty severe fall hit her elbow and they prescribed Vicadin. This is a combination of Hydrocodone and Acetaminophen. They are trying to get doctors to really stand down on prescribing this but the pain relief is so good that there's nothing to replace it.