Old July 1st 18, 04:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Vitus 979: Removing Cranks and Bottom Bracket?

On 6/30/2018 3:25 PM, wrote:
Update:
I found a new LBS I really like and left them with instructions to replace the bottom bracket as needed. They took it apart and found it in good condition. They cleaned the ball bearings et cetera, added a bit of grease, and adjusted. The clicking I was having when riding under load up hill went away as a result. Cost was only $21 for labor and basic cleaning materials.

Right.
Dried lubricant, dirt in system, damaged bearing, improperly
adjusted, loose right cup, dry crank bolts/tapers, loose/dry
chainring bolts etc are all noisy but readily rectified with
routine maintenance.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/