Old October 18th 04, 08:22 AM
Edward Dolan

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
James S. Prine wrote:

The US has violated or withdrawn from treaties when it felt it was the
correct course of action. This is a rather weak argument for supporting
racist colonialism.

You contend that the U.S. sent military forces to South Vietnam simply
for
purposes of racist colonialism?

That is why the French were there, and why the US supported the French
instead of the Vietnamese nationalists in the late 1940's and 1950's. The
Vietnamese turned to "Communism" as a means of national liberation, not
from ideology.

If in fact that is what the North Vietnamese did, then it was an incredibly
stupid thing for them to do. The Vietnam War was lost because Johnson did
not know how to fight a war. Kerry would be the same sort of loser asshole.
That is why we want Bush to be our president for the next 4 years.

"Colonel David Crockett...would *not* have supported Kerry."

So what?

Perhaps because Crockett valued honesty, character, integrity, and moral
courage? All virtues sadly absent in Kerry.

And even more absent in Dick Cheney and George W. Bush, who didn't even
have the decency to fight in a war they supported.

Now Mr. Sherman has gone completely bonkers. Why should nice middle class
and upper class kids be in the trenches when there are plenty of lower class
kids who can do that sort of thing. When I was in the Navy I noted that it
was only the lower class kids (usually from the South) who thought the Navy
was a good deal. We middle class types couldn't wait to get out. It has been
ever thus.

As the sign in Baghdad said, "Saddam Gone, Job Done, Go Home". Good
advice.

Well, we had Hanoi Jane, so I take it you're attempting to become
"Baghdad
Tom"?

Putting a "g" after such statements does nothing to make them more
acceptable.

Mr. Sherman is a classic appeaser and an apologist for evil in this world.
He is that because he hates America above all else which he thinks is
nothing but a country for the very rich. In others words, he is nutty as a
fruit cake.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota