Old May 16th 05, 06:27 PM
Tom Keats

In article ,
"Dukester" writes:

The fellow moved up alongside
asking my name, and then proceeded with a string of questions; where do I
live, do I like Kelme? , etc. Most of the questions came off with an
condescending attitude behind them. "Oh, so you're _just_ commuting?" and
when asking where I lived in relation to town, "I guess thats a nice
_little_ ride".

Maybe you were investigated by some intelligence service agent.
Or a wannabe. I don't mind brief little small-talk conversations
with other riders, but this guy sure was a busybody.

I've also been drawn into chat that goes on a little too long,
by people apparently having mental health issues, on public
transit buses. So maybe the guy was just lonely and socially
awkward, and needed some human-to-human contact and some
charitable regard. If that's the case, you did a good deed.
I note you were quite patient and polite with him.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.