Old August 10th 03, 06:06 PM
Dave Head

Default Do bicycles and cars mix?

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 12:11:47 GMT, wrote:

Dave Head wrote in message
.. .
On 09 Aug 2003 17:40:05 -0500, Jordan Bettis

wrote:

writes:

Nope, but I was just pointing out the economics. People complain that
cabs are too terribly expensive, but they don't consider the fixed
costs of the automobile if they use that automobile extremely
infrequently. If they still prefer the car that's their choice but
they can hardly say its because of money.

People who post drivel like this are impractical people who do

nothing
around the house. Can you imagine going to Home Depot in a taxi?

Home depot dosen't deliver large items? I'd go somewhere that does.

Yes they do, but they do it on Tuesdays an Saturdays. You either have to

take
off work to meet the truck on Tuesday, or possibly put off a trip to

something
fun on Saturday, plus wait 'til Saturday. Its much more satisfying to

have
your 4' X 8' sheets of plywood on the roof of the Jeep the same night,

with no
waiting.

Dave Head

That was the problem with the old-fashioned urban delivery systems. Women
would put on their white gloves, take the trolley downtown, and then have to
be there on Tuesdays or Saturdays when delivery would take place. It
assumed an upper class lifestyle where women stayed home all day or the maid
took delivery for you.

Plywood on the roof? Dangerous. I put it inside.

Not inside a Jeep Cherokee, I think.

Dave Head