Old August 11th 03, 06:04 AM
Jack May

Default Do bicycles and cars mix?

"Keith F. Lynch" wrote in message

So we should close all the roads and highways? That's where most of
the transportation-related tax money goes.

Its also where the transportation taxes come from that more than pay for the
roads and some of the transit.

Next we should close all the airports? That's where most of the rest
of the transportation-related tax money goes.

Also where a lot of the taxes come from which are part of the price you pay
for a ticket.

Once users of those modes all have to pay their own way, I think mass
transit will be very competitive, and will no longer need subsidies.

Transit receives large subsidies and does not contribute much in taxes
unlike road and airlines. You are not even in the ballpark of being correct

Metro in the median of I-66, for instance, can carry more people
faster, more efficiently, while using less energy, in less space,
more safely, while producing less pollution, more quietly, than the
surrounding highway.

All theoretical but reality is far different and not very pretty for
transit.

The rest of your post is good for a laugh, but it mainly shows you are
living in a fantasy world instead of reality.