Old August 13th 03, 03:15 AM
Jordan Bettis

Default Do bicycles and cars mix?

"Keith F. Lynch" writes:

"Keith F. Lynch" wrote:
So why did Virginia raise sales taxes by 12% a few years ago?

DTJ wrote:
I wonder how they figured it to be 12%?

They didn't call it that. It was an increase from 4% to 4.5%. They
called it a half percent increase. I called it a twelve and a half
percent increase.

The subsequent proposed 22% increase, 4.5% to 5.5%, they called a
"penny tax". I was tempted to go to city hall, hand them a penny,
and tell them that now that I've paid my tax in full, I never want
to hear from them again.

I can tell that you live in Virginia.

I bet if it weren't for the war of northern aggression, you wouldn't
hav to pay taxes at all!

--
Jordan Bettis http://www.hafd.org/~jordanb
C++ will do for C what Algol-68 did for Algol.