Old September 8th 10, 07:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

Default Paired-spoke hub laced to standard-drilled rim?

Dave wrote:

I have a pair of very nice DT made hubs from a pair of Bontrager
paired spoke wheels that I'd like to relace into a pair of rims with
standard drilling, wondering whether this is possible. *The front hub
and rear NDS spokes are all nailhead spokes, the rear DS spokes are j-
bend into a flange.

Anyone have any experience with this?

If you can determine the angle at which the hub holes diverge from
normal, you can express this as a fractional crossing when you enter
the data into Spocalc or another spoke calculator that allows
fractional cross numbers.

For instance, a 36 hole wheel has 18 holes per hub flange, spaced at
20 degree intervals. So in that case, 20 degrees equals one "cross".
If some of the hub holes are 10 degrees out of phase, then you could
specify 2.5-cross or 3.5-cross as applicable to calculate the spoke
lengths for those holes.

This is the technique I use to do skip-hole lacing that matches (for
instance) a 36 hole hub to a 24 hole rim.

http://www.rideyourbike.com/36hub24rim.shtml

Chalo