Old January 25th 04, 09:00 PM
B. Lafferty

Default Armstrong To Race Tour of Georgia

"Time Cop" wrote in message
Armstrong's agent, Bill Stapleton, confirmed Thursday that America's
most famous cyclist will lead the U.S. Postal Service team as it vies
for a purse of more than $100,000. USPS rode here last year without
Armstrong, who rarely competes in the United States.

And Armstrong stated on Friday:

Regarding his race schedule, rumored to include a domestic stop at either
the Tour of Georgia or the Tour of the Gila in April, Armstrong said: "We'll
be starting in Portugal, then to Murcia like we've always done ... Milan-San
Remo, perhaps, Criterium International, Bicicleta Vasca, and the Tour de
France. As for a domestic race, we're still working on that. There will
definitely be a domestic race in April, either the Tour of Georgia or the
Tour of the Gila."

Perhaps Bill had not yet spoken to him.