Old December 17th 03, 03:36 AM
Russ Price

Default Those bicycle builders big mistake!

In rec.bicycles.misc Garrison Hilliard wrote:

By: ROBERT KAHN - Staff Writer

I must take issue, however, with the bicycle historians who say that MacMillan
also invented the first comfortable bicycle seat. There is no such thing.

Mr. Kahn evidently hasn't heard of recumbents. On organized centuries,
I've overheard other riders wishing they had one as we were headed to
the finish. For me at least, at the end of a long ride on either of
my recumbents [1], NOTHING is sore. I might have tired legs (especially
after 100+ miles!), but nothing aches.

I switched to the rolling lawn chairs a couple of years ago, and never
looked back. Beware - they're addictive!

[1] One short-wheelbase bike, one tadpole trike.

--
Russ --kill the wabbit to despam
"I've been calculating distances in kilometers but the elevation markers