Old October 20th 07, 10:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nigel Randell[_2_]

Default Today's Ride

Cracking audax today: Colours of Clumber 2 - 117km from Clowne (106 miles
total including riding there and back). The weather was just about as good
as it could be in mid October, frosty first thing in the morning and wreaths
of mist in the valleys as we left Clowne heading out to Clumber Park.
Clumber was indeed colourful and we made two traverses of the park on the
outward and return legs.

I must say that at the finish I wasn't looking forward to the 17 miles or so
return leg to home, but I chose the shorter, and hillier, route and the
miles ticked off quite easily. All in all a nice round-off to my audax
season.

Many thanks to Clive for running this event twice over two weekends so that
more riders can enjoy it.

--

Nigel