Old June 4th 04, 01:39 AM
Rick Onanian

Default Advice for first bike: new or used (specialized allez elite vs cannondale r2000)

On 3 Jun 2004 12:31:16 -0700, (Matt
Bouchard) wrote:
The one hesitation is that the Cannondale is a double and not a
triple. I'll likely be moving back to San Francisco afterwards, but I
know lots of people use doubles on small hills.

This would be a dealbreaker for me. Doubles, IMO, are silly except
for hardcore racing. OTOH, having that granny on the occasion when
you need it...oh so nice.

Heheh...it just occurred to me: The same people that advocate
doubles also insist that we must always pedal 90 rpm (and with a
13-23 cluster). Either they never climb hills, or they're very, very
strong and fast.
--
Rick Onanian