Old July 3rd 03, 02:09 PM
Peter Tønnesen

Default shimano deore vs shimano xt? question

"Small Black Dog" skrev i en meddelelse
have a deore crank on my bike, its only a few months old. i got an xt

crank
for about $80.00. is it worth the upgrade. i smashed my truvativ and
replaces with deore which seems heavier.
thus is it worth the $$$ to upgrade to the xt

thanks

Upgrade to the XT. Deore cranks are relatively heavy compared to the XT

and
the XT is stiffer.

I would go for RF Prodigy, it same price as the XT, but you dont have to use
Shimanos stinky Bottom Brackets. There is a lot of nice ISIS BBs out there
:-) And yes, its worth the upgrade.

Also put it like this: would you ride a crapped up Lada when you have an
Aston Martin Vanquish sitting in your garage?

Depends on gas prices?

Peet