Old April 29th 12, 06:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

Default Who still makes non-compact frame road bikes?

On Apr 27, 8:31 am, SMS wrote:
Does any major manufacturer still makes non-compact frame road bikes for
sale in the U.S.?

Friend is looking for a new road bike and is about to give up on shops
and go to bikesdirect.com. He's willing to spend about $2K, which rules
out all the custom frames which are still normal size. He needs a 56cm
frame.

There are still a couple of touring bikes made in non-compact frame
designs, but he wants something lighter (the touring bikes are all steel
frames and the wheels are heavier as well).

My Miyata was 56 cm. Light, steel, sweet, cheap. *Beautiful* classic
design. I got it via ebay, but there are other venues.