Old October 31st 04, 04:44 AM
Ben Kaufman

On 30 Oct 2004 00:33:48 -0700, (Chalo) wrote:

the black rose wrote:

Churchill wrote:
Deuel had been bedridden since last fall and was malnourished because so
many of his calories came from foods high in fat and carbohydrates.

If he was bedridden, who was feeding him this junk?

Even *I* would put him on Atkins. Heck, if he ate a normal,
balanced, 2000 cal/day diet, he'd lose weight.

Wow. Just... wow.

No kidding. If I read the article correctly, the guy lost an average
of 3.5 pounds per day for four months _before_ he got the surgery!
And he was still eating 1200 cal/day, an intake that would pass for
normal in many impoverished parts of the world. That makes me wonder
why he'd need surgery at all-- because the noninvasive option seemed
to be doing phenomenally well.

What makes this even weirder for me is that for him to have gotten
into that state, someone not only had to feed him cartloads of junk
food, but also had to carry off cartloads of his crap! That seems
like it would get really tiresome, really quickly. What could
possibly be the motivation to do that?

Chalo Colina

He was losing weight only because he was finally in a place where people were
not throwing him snickers bars and he could not get his own. However, I believe
that as soon as he lost enough weight to regain mobility he would be eating
again.

Ben