Old September 13th 05, 11:41 AM
Call me Bob

Default Question about Ebay

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 06:28:49 -0400, "Jeff Grippe"
wrote:

Now, don't forget one of the now classic internet purchasing scams
involves someone in another country offering you much more than your
asking price, paying with a cashier's check in the overblown price,
asking you to send the balance along with goods, then the check turns
out to be fraudulent, and you're left owing the bank(by law). Don't
fall for it.

This is easily dealt with by refusing to accept international money orders
or cashier's checks. I find paypal's fees annoying but worth it. I would not
either send or accept a non-electronic payment for an ebay transaction
anymore.

Don't believe that Paypal offer you any security as a seller, they
absolutely don't. It's very simple for a buyer (or scammer) to reverse
a Paypal payment once the goods have been dispatched, even months
after the original transaction. Paypal will offer you no recourse and
no help should this happen to you, they'll just take what they want
from your account, possibly even adding charges on top.

"Bob"