Old June 28th 20, 05:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

Default LETTER - Southampton's transport plan will benefit everyone

On 28/06/2020 17:14, Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:
On Sun, 28 Jun 2020 14:29:43 GMT, JNugent
wrote:

#170 Take extra care at junctions. You should ... give way.

It's not difficult to notice most drivers don't have a clue.

Indeed.
I have lost count of the number of drivers who have come hurtling
around a corner into a road that I am already crossing, foaming at
the mouth, horns blaring and fist waving at me for having to slow
down for a mere pedestrian in the road.

Of course you have. ;-)

Are you saying a fully qualified driver would never do such a thing?

I cannot say that because I don't have sufficient data on which to base
such an assertion.

But it is notable that some people claim and seem to get into a lot of
altercations with other road-users. One wonders whether it can possibly
be only the fault of those disparate "others". Or, indeed, whether
imagination plays a part in those tales.