Old July 2nd 20, 12:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

Default Tiny Canary Wharf car sports sticker warning cyclists not to filter

On 11:11 2 Jul 2020, Simon Mason said:

On Wednesday, July 1, 2020 at 6:01:02 PM UTC+1, Pamela wrote:
On 15:10 30 Jun 2020, Simon Mason said:

What a prize plonker this driver must be!

QUOTE:
It's one thing seeing stickers warning cyclists about filtering up an
HGV’s near side. It’s quite another seeing this.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbwKS4kX...pg&name=medium

Random Beef Generator @angryaboutbikes

Genuinely cannot believe my eyes, just seen a "Cyclists stay away
from this vehicle" sticker on a car that is literally smaller than my
armspan. I could hug this vehicle.

Random Beef Generator @angryaboutbikes
Replying to @angryaboutbikes

I spotted it when I was forced to move out into traffic due to it
being parked on double yellow lines and I was riding on the road due
to there being no cycle paths around Canary Wharf. Not surprising,
Canary Wharf Group lobbied HARD against the embankment cycleway.

Don't worry Simon. It's fake news. The sign doesn't say

"Cyclists stay away from this vehicle".

It says:

"Beware When Vehicle is Turning Left. Do not pass on this side."

See https://www.safetysignsupplies.co.uk...roduct/154766/

I blew the image up and yet could not read the text, so I took the
cyclist's word for it as he actually rode past it.

It was the mistake to take the word of a lying cyclist.