Old July 27th 18, 12:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default My Bike Path in the News

On 2018-07-26 14:18, jbeattie wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...biohazard.html

That is one of my commute routes, which is now a toxic waste dump.
The ICE protesters and their homeless minions actually built a wall
to keep me and the other cyclists out. Build that wall! I don't
think they got the irony.
https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/..._clearing.html

The curb cut to the trail is right through the blue tarp.
https://media.koin.com/nxs-kointv-me...0_1280_720.jpg

Disgusting. You may need more conservative city leader who don't let
things deteriorate that far.

During the early phases of the occupation, I was just blowing
through it on my bike, exercising my First Amendment right to tell
the dopes to get the f*** off the bike path. Then it turned into a
scene from Night of the Living Dead, with zoned-out people sitting in
the trail or staggering all over muttering, and I had to find
alternative routes.

During today's ride a woman was blocking my side of a bike path with her
overflowing shopping car. She was constantly screaming at herself. It's
sad, she was a beautiful younger woman but totally wasted. Probably
another OD case.

On a longhaul bike path something almost miraculous happened today. A
homelesss guy on a bike came from the other direction, big plastic bag
on top of his handlebar. On such lonely stretches of pavement I usually
greet other riders. Homeless hardly ever react but this guy
enthusiastically wished me a good day. Couldn't believe it. There is
hope for this guy.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/