Old July 27th 18, 09:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

Default My Bike Path in the News

On Fri, 27 Jul 2018 10:16:32 +0700, John B. Slocomb
wrote:

On Thu, 26 Jul 2018 17:11:59 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Thu, 26 Jul 2018 14:18:35 -0700 (PDT), jbeattie
wrote:

That is one of my commute routes, which is now a toxic waste dump...

When the authorities are done cleaning up the Portland homeless camps,
could you send them my direction and ask them to clean up ours?
https://www.google.com/search?q=santa+cruz+homeless+camp&tbm=isch
If not, would you mind if we ship our homeless to Portland now that
you have some empty space for them?

Where are all these homeless, that I read about here, coming from? I
read one news article that alleged that the homeless in the Bay Area
were the results of extremely high rental rates in the area but how
did rental rates get that way? After all rental rates follow the same
economic laws as any other financial activity. You can only have high
prices where there are people to pay them :-)

Where did all these high rent payers come from? Are a lot of people
immigrating from S. California? Industries going bust? Only in the Bay
Area? Where are these improvised people coming from?