Old August 3rd 18, 02:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default question about climbing

Op vrijdag 3 augustus 2018 00:06:00 UTC+2 schreef :

Here's an image Sergio sent from one of those climbs:

http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...t/sergdol2.jpg

Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Over here it is midnight and, not being able yet to fall asleep, I came back to my desk.
So here is a timely addendum to Andrew's.

That shot was taken some 25 years ago almost at the summit of the most beautiful road I have ever experienced.
It is Passo del Nivolet, in the western Alps between Piemonte and Valle d'Aosta.
The summit is at 2612 meters above sea level, inside Parco Nazionale del Gran Paradiso. After the summit there is a rather long plateau in a beautiful setting. From there on the path becomes a trail ultimately descending to Pont.

That time I carried on after the summit and hiked, while carrying the bike on my shoulder, to the village down below.

Hoping someone is listening let me strongly recommend him that ride, at least from Ceresole Reale to Nivolet (if not going over all the way).

Sergio
Pisa

I'm listening. That is a serious climb over 26 km:

https://www.cyclingcols.com/col/Nivolet

Lou