Old October 9th 18, 01:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default SIX thousand and FIVE hundred lumens !!!!!!!!!!

On 10/8/2018 8:15 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 10/7/2018 8:36 PM, jbeattie wrote:

Pah-lease! No homicidal riff-raff was wearing my
super-fine, hi-viz, four-way stretch water resistant, race
fit Castelli Gabba jacket...

OT, but: The term "four-way stretch" has always irritated
me. The stuff is two dimensional! Are they claiming it also
stretches across its thickness? Plus there are only three
spatial dimensions. Are they going Einsteinian and claiming
the fourth direction is time?

So I looked it up. Turns out if it stretches from left to
right, they consider that "two-way stretch." Was that
supposed to be a big improvement on fabrics that stretched
if you pulled them to the right, but not if you pulled to
the left? No, it was clearly just one way - but they said
that since it returned to its original width when you let
go, it counted as two ways. If it does it up and down and
side to side, they count it as four ways. What nonsense!

I guess I should be glad rope manufacturers don't take this
up. "Our working strength is _twice_ as great as our
competitors! (Because our rope can withstand that force if
you pull up OR pull down!)"

Some friendly advice, Frank. Don't go into Marketing. Maybe
try something like Engineering maybe.

You're welcome.

--
Andrew Muzi