Old March 21st 05, 01:42 PM
RonSonic

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 16:43:31 -0800, (Tom Keats) wrote:

In article ,
RonSonic writes:

Sounds like the writer is also a little unfamiliar with what to do at a
stop sign, so I think he's hardly one to criticize other vehicles.

There is that. My rule is that if I don't see the cop I deserve the ticket.
Otherwise, do any of us stop for all of them?

A couple of years ago while riding around, I came up to a
low-traffic 4-way stop intersection, simultaneously with
a bike patrol cop (a 'real' VPD constable, not a rent-a-cop)
coming the other way on the same street. So I studiously did
everything right -- signalled, put my foot down, came to a
full stop. He just rolled it and kept going, like any other
typical rider.

I'm not surprised. If it's a stop I have to make, I'll practice a short track
stand, if longer and it's feasible I'll ride a circle or figure 8 to kill time
without having to dab.

Ron