Old July 12th 05, 04:53 AM
Carl Brewer

Default Cyclist accident insurance

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 13:32:40 +1000, "sss" news.iprimus.com.au wrote:

I guess this question may have been asked many times but here goes once
again. Does anyone have any recommendations on what is the best accident
insurance to get for cyclists.

I have looked at the bicycle Victoria web site and that has an option but, I
am now struggling to find any other options. What I'm looking to insure is
me against an accident, me hitting someone and my bike against theft or
damage. The bicycle insurance by bike Vic seems ok but I remember hearing
someone say that it was limited and they got another supa-dupa version.
Obviously I can't remember who told me that as I would ask them.

Anyway any information would be gratefully appreciated.

I have the BV insurance (so does everyone who's a BV member).
It covers accident damage etc, but has a $1000(!) excess.

I also have bike insurance through my contents insurance
(for theft etc) which is brokered by Middleditch, but is actually
CGU I think. It's (or was) touted by BV too.