Old November 14th 13, 07:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default New B&M Lights with Wide Beam and Daytime Mode Available

On Thursday, November 14, 2013 4:55:28 PM UTC, Clive George wrote:

Anecdote from Tuesday evening. Driving along an unlit A-road at night. I

saw the cyclist with a normal headlight. 30 or so seconds later I saw a

brief flash out of the corner of my eye, and realised that was a cyclist

I'd not seen at all coming the other way. His flasher was hidden in the

noise of the cars coming towards me.

It depends on the strength of the flasher. I was out walking last night and on a busy road where with good lamps I don't go in the rush hour I saw a guy on his bike with a front flasher I didn't notice until he was almost past me. As you say, lost in the noise.

On the other hand, coming around the corner of a building at the hospital in broad if overcast daylight, the first thing I saw was a front flasher a hundred paces and then some away. I stood stock still watching it, and a driver would have to be blind, deaf and stupid to miss it. I don't know what it was. The girl's rear flasher was the one I recommend for those who insist on battery lamps, the Cateye LD-TL1100; you can do much better these days by getting a hub dynamo and BUMM's Line Plus and leaving it on 24/7 (it lacks a blink mode but is bright enough to make up for it).

Andre Jute