Old November 13th 11, 11:03 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Tomasso[_8_]

Default 700/38 vs 700/23 tyres on a "comfort" hybrid commuter bike.

On 2011-11-09, Theo Bekkers (aka Bruce)
We've had this discussion before and there's no argument that the
rolling resistance of a wide tire and a narrow tire are the same when
both are at the same pressure. However, the narrow tire will
invariably have a higher recommended tire pressure, so when a wide and

Not quite invariably. I upgraded one of my early bikes by replacing
the stock 45PSI tyres with 80PSI ones. Same dimensions, but heck of a
lot better to ride on! Stupid kmart bikes --- BTH bait.

Oh I agree Tim, kmart bikes ARE rubbish! You have to go to BigW to get a
good one! :-)

BTH

But I believe you can still buy 27 inch tyres at K-Mart...

T.