Old May 12th 04, 05:19 AM
curt

Default Carbo loading before a race?

I have been low carbing for a while to lose a few, but now I do eat carbs
before I take rides over 30 miles. I find if I don't I hit a wall and did
get a bit dizzy once. That was enough of that. I find for me YMMV, that if
I eat a balanced meal with good carbs the night before and during the ride
eat a banana or some granola or something, I feel fine. If I am just going
to ride like 25 miles I don't pay attention to what I eat much, just make
sure I drink enough water. I think this would be different for everyone. I
have heard people starting to carbo load 3-4 days in advance. I am not sure
why because it takes something like 24 hours for you to digest food you eat
+-.

You may have to find what is right for you. I would make sure you eat a
good dinner the night before for starters and a good breakfast that each
have some good carbs.

Enjoy,
Curt

"jb" wrote in message
Anyone here do this? What exactly do you eat, and when??