Old September 24th 18, 10:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Rides

On 2018-09-24 14:05, Theodore Heise wrote:
On Mon, 24 Sep 2018 12:53:01 -0700,

[...]

Even more, why did the couple on the El Dorado Trail get flats
on both tubeless MTB while I, riding the very same route, never
get any there? Because they didn't carry a growler? They kept
pumping up, hoping the slime would finally heal things. It
didn't and after 5mi or so I had to leave them behind because a
tubeless leak can't be fixed unless you have ... a tube.

What, you didn't have a tube to share with them?

I had already given that to another rider who couldn't be convinced to
use thorn-resistant thick tubes. Well, now he knows. Besides, both their
fancy tubeless MTBs were flat so one tube alone would not have gotten
them home. OTOH the El Dorado Trail is also a nice hiking trail. One day
I want to walk it without my MTB. That will be an all day affair though.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/