Old September 7th 20, 06:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

Default Fires and smoke

We have an Earthquake here yesterday. A 3.4 which means it was a bit noisy for a second.

I did my 25 miler that has some really difficult climbing yesterday. I'm still 150 miles short of 3,000 miles, but I did pass 100,000 feet of climbing..

I've been riding the Colnago since I stole the Garmin mount of the Emonda after the plastic cheapo mount broke on the FIRST ride. You absolutely have to have an aluminum mount. Plastic simply cannot stand the strain of the bumps in the roads around here. The replacement for it should come in tomorrow. I also think that in the unbearable heat of today I will try to do 99% of the wiring on the Lemond. I'm still missing one wire but I should have most of them installed and only need to install the lead from the terminal block to the battery when it comes in as well.

One interesting feature is that when I went up and bought parts from Team CCC, the wires which they had for sale were for bar-end controller. This suggests to me that these bikes fall down and break those controllers often enough that they are no longer installed on bar ends but in the side of the downtube. The advertisements for that controller do mention they can be used that way but I haven't seen any up close. But CCC had an entire pile of the "in-bar" wiring and no bar end controllers.

The 6880 setup I had actually required a special external battery mount. So I had bought three of them trying to discover the correct one before I got one that worked. So that left me with two of the latest one's that work fine with my 9000 setup on the Lemond.

Now that I have both the Trek and the Colnago shifting set up like the Dura Ace came (which is different from the manual that Jay published) shifting has become far more automatic and without thinking.