Old September 11th 20, 08:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Externally wired Di2

Hmm. I have a carbon Ridley frame from 2010 or a bit earlier. And Shimano Di2 7970 on it. No internal wiring on my bike. I used red and white electrical tape wrapped around the frame tubes to hold the Di2 cables. Black Di2 cables. Big gray external battery below the water bottle on the downtube. All looks fine to me Probably the biggest looks error is the unused cable holders for the shifters at the top of the downtube. Di2 doesn't use those and you can't just take them off unfortunately.