Old September 12th 20, 08:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Sort of Comical

On Saturday, September 12, 2020 at 12:07:01 PM UTC-7, Tom Kunich wrote:
Some time while I was still out of it with the concussion I guess power meters became all the rage for awhile. Now perhaps if you are a racer, knowing how much power you can put out for how long is a bit of base information you should know, but for the average rider who were buying these things head over heals, it means absolutely nothing.

Now in the local craigslist they are trying to unload these power meters for a small fortune and I don't believe that they've moved a one. Power meter pedals? Power meter cranks (one or two sided) and even power meter rear hubs as if someone is going to buy these half to one grand hubs and have a wheels built around them.

But it is sort of good for a laugh that now that incomes are being limited by Governor Loathsome, they are realizing what a useless and expensive purchase they made. And are wildly looking for for another sucker which have disappeared into the woodwork as food money is growing ever more scarce as the supermarkets are taking advantage of the crashed economy to kick prices through the ceiling.

I don't know what universe you're living in, but power meters have been around for a long time. Stages is the best because their office is in Portland with manufacturing in Boulder, and my son used to work there and still hangs out with the Stages guys when he comes to town. https://stagescycling.com/us/ https://www.cyclingnews.com/features...s-for-cycling/

They just sent him a free Dash head unit, which he likes better than his Garmin. When the Stages power meters aren't sold out, they're relatively cheap for a left arm only -- and you can even have the measuring unit installed on an existing crank arm. I don't want one because it is just another way of seeing how bad I suck, but I ride with a lot of guys who love them.

-- Jay Beattie.