Old July 8th 07, 11:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Luigi de Guzman

Default Comfy performance bikes

On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 16:40:10 -0500, DougC wrote:

Saddle comfort is a major issue that a lot of riders have, and most bike
shops can't seem to solve it. If they could they'd only need to sell ONE
saddle, and they wouldn't bother sticking any padded shorts, because
nobody would ever want to buy them.

My ass isn't exactly the same as yours; why should my saddle be?

Or, less churlishly:

Human beings come in a number of shapes and sizes, from the tiny (my
babybro on his new bike) to the immense (the redoubtable Chalo Collina,
rec.bicycles.* regular). Surely you're not suggesting that the same
saddle fits *all* of these people?

Why, if what you're saying is true, I've been wasting my time all these
years buying shoes that fit my feet, gloves that fit my hands, hats that
fit my head...I should just be using all your stuff instead!

Saddle comfort is a major issue and can be solved with patience. Sadly,
patience is the one thing that is in increasingly short supply in this day
and age.

-Luigi

(synthetic shorts are still a good idea for the moisture-wicking benefit)
~

--
Luigi de Guzman
http://ouij.livejournal.com