Old February 28th 18, 12:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default aramid fiber

On 2/27/2018 5:14 PM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
I have now played a couple of games with the
"composite" stick (CFRP + Kevlar/aramid).

The weight, including tape, stopped at 490g
compared to my old wood/glass fiber which was
809g. This was certainly noticable in many
positive ways.

But in one way, the old wood stick was better
and that was its comfort! With this, new one,
it felt like every blow to it went straight
thru and into my hands and forearms - really
painful!

I suppose the fibers of wood are less straight,
or more circular (?), or something that makes
them not carry thru vibrations the same way?

Is this something one would notice with carbon
bikes as well, compared to steel frames/forks,
or do the wheels absorb most of it before it
finds its way all the way into the body?

What sort of stick? Like a police baton? Wood works pretty
well to ensure the message is received(personal experience).

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/