Old November 13th 17, 03:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Alfine 11 hub skipping under hard pedaling

On Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 8:22:34 AM UTC-5, dstamat wrote:
Dear All,

The Alfine 11 SG-S700 hub of my commuting bicycle has started to skip when I pedal standing up. Mostly around the middle of the range (5, 6 and 7). I hear a very loud noise and I have to stop pedaling. It does not happen when pedaling seated. When in 6 gear the two small yellow lines are aligned so I guess it is not because of bad adjustment.

I have had this bike for ~5 years but it has only been ridden for ~1000 mi. The oil of the hub has not been changed yet.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Dimitris

With so few miles, and single gear chain, it is very unlikely, but check the teeth on the hub for wear or rust build up.