Old November 9th 07, 12:14 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
saskatchewanian

Default RTL Qualifying Ride October 13th -14th

Yup, it was self supported but I just did a big loop each day so I
didn't need to carry all of my stuff. I kept most of my things in my
backpack but I did have a small bike bag strapped on to the back of the
frame just over the wheel. I had my cable lock and camera in there.

On the first day I had energy bars, apples a banana, my water bladder,
and after a while my fleece, mitts and balaclava in my backpack. The
second day I had the bars, water and apples but decided to add in the
longer cranks and all tools necessary for swapping them out if I needed
to. This turned out to be the smartest thing I did that day, one of the
dumbest things I did that day was leave my fleece behind.

I kept energy drink mixed with power-aide in the water bottle, and had
my ID, debit card, $20, my pocket knife and a lighter in my pockets.

I have never unied with a tent etc. in my pack but do plan on doing it
sometime in the future. I believe that a good touring bike is way more
practical if you actually want to do a self supported trip but doing it
on one wheel would be lots of fun.

Thanks for the comments guys, i appreciate it.

An update on the knee:
I have not ridden since this ride because the knee is still not right,
I saw a doctor a week after the ride and he told me there wasn't
anything wrong with it and to rest it for two more weeks, after those
two weeks it was still not very good so I went and got some X-rays but
those didn't show anything abnormal. I am going to get it checked out
at an actual sports medicine place in Saskatoon some time next week.
Its been frustrating not being able to ride, bike or run, especially
since when I get frustrated I like to go for a good ride, bike or
run...

--
saskatchewanian

The Coker isn't elegant, it's majestic