Old October 12th 18, 07:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Perry England coaster brake

On Sunday, October 7, 2018 at 10:51:49 PM UTC-4, news18 wrote:
On Sun, 07 Oct 2018 18:05:46 +0200, Emanuel Berg wrote:

Today there was a "V" 635 rear rim and I saw instantly it wasn't the
familiar Torpedo or the unusual Swedish Novo. What it was, was "Perry
England"!

Questions:

1) Is this the Sturmey-Archer you guys are
often talking about, or is it yet another English rear hub?

2) A couple of spoke nipples where stuck and
would just rotate the entire spoke, both ways. I oiled them from both
sides but as for then, they wouldn't budge. I didn't try CRC 5-56 or
WD-40 as I had run out of those.
I'll try that in a second. Ideas?

Penetrene and a light touch of the gas torch?

Life's too short.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO