Old October 10th 17, 04:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Bicycling & health benefits of?

On Monday, October 9, 2017 at 7:40:08 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 10/9/2017 10:02 PM, John B. wrote:
On Mon, 9 Oct 2017 11:33:38 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Are you guys old enough to remember Paul Dudley White, M.D., the eminent cardiologist and father of preventive cardiology through exercise? Really cool guy who served as Eisenhower's and LBJ's cardiologist. He believed in cycling, but he thought pushing a big gear was a better than spinning. Oh well, every guy is entitled to one mistake, right?

He also said "A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an
unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and
psychology in the world."

I absolutely believe that! There are times when I simply cannot ride for
a while. It definitely affects my mood in a bad way. Getting out for a
ride cures that problem marvelously.

PLEASE FRANK - GO FOR A RIDE!