Old February 3rd 11, 07:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Wes Newell

Default Forester says...

On Wed, 02 Feb 2011 18:25:37 -0600, Tºm Shermªn™ °_° wrote:

Anything unpredictable and violating traffic regulations by cyclists
will irritate motorists.

What irritates me is how stupid a lot of them are. I came around a curve
doing about 60mph on a 2 lane highway with no shoulder and came up on a
group of riders riding 3 and 4 abreast and they didn't move over. If
another car had been coming the other way, guess who would have died? It
wouldn't have been me, but some of them. Now that's what irritates
motorist. I just started riding about 8 months ago, and I can assure you,
I won't ride on any road with a speed limit over 35mph that doesn't have
a shoulder to ride on. I look at it like this. When riding, I'm just
another bump in the road to someone driving a 3000 lb vehicle, and I stay
way the heck out of their way. Having the right of way doesn't mean crap
when you're dead or in the hospital. if you want to live to my age (64)
or older, I'd suggest you not worry to much about the rules and stay the
hell out of their way. People these days have little respect for anyone,
much less cyclist.