Old April 28th 12, 11:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Who still makes non-compact frame road bikes?

On 4/28/2012 2:18 AM, Lou Holtman wrote:
Op 27-4-2012 18:39, SMS schreef:
The negatives
of the compact frame geometry are too great for him personally, but lets
not turn this thread into a debate over the relative merits of each
geometry.

Sure, but I'm really curious what those negatives are that he is willing
to limit his choice enormously. I'm not talking about the extreme
sloping geometry like what GIANT was offering years ago but slightly
sloping toptubes.

The problem here appears to be that you're focusing on the slope of the
top tube.