Old July 29th 17, 03:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

Default New bike for Jay

jbeattie wrote:
:On Friday, July 28, 2017 at 2:10:10 PM UTC-7, David Scheidt wrote:
: Joy Beeson wrote:
: :On Thu, 27 Jul 2017 09:39:03 -0700 (PDT), jbeattie
: wrote:
:
: : Just two water bottles that I filled every 50 miles.
:
: :When I could ride that far, a bottle would last about ten miles.
:
: Jay's a camel.

:Not like Jobst. I fill up big bottles. I just don't take more than
:two -- except on rare occasion. When selecting a bike, I don't go into
:the store and ask for an '80s Euro-sport bike with a rack so I can haul
:gallons of water on a day ride.

I've run out of water on what should have been a 20 mile ride near my
parents. I had two big bottles. I got lost (went west instead of
east, corrected by going north) and ran out of water in the middle of
nowhere. It was about 90 and 100% humidity. I ended up having to
ride 10 miles before I found a house. When I got back on track, I
stopped at a gas station to get an ice cream, and discovered there was
a big power outage, and had to steal one.

--
sig 72