Old May 24th 07, 10:59 AM posted to alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,misc.transport.urban-transit
Joe the Aroma

Default What American Cities are Missing: Bikes by the Thousands

"Amy Blankenship" wrote in message
.. .

"Joe the Aroma" wrote in message

"Amy Blankenship" wrote in message

Not to mention pollution...

They've exported plenty to us as well. See the "Asian brown cloud".

You don't think any of that is because we've outsourced the production of
some of our dirtier industrial processes? They produce a lot of coke
(coal product, not beverage or drug) used in our electric plants, for
instance...

I absolutely *DO* think and know that. Apparently our polluting industries
are "burdened" by environmental regulations. Free trade necessitates an
international regulatory body which would add another layer of bureaucracy
and is the first step on the road to world government. No thanks.