Old May 24th 07, 05:16 PM posted to alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,misc.transport.urban-transit
nash

Default What American Cities are Missing: Bikes by the Thousands

I'm glad you enjoy bicycling, but it's not for everyone. Nor is
public transportation. I live in the middle of nowhere, is it's not a
practical alternative for most people. We have a few dedicated
bicyclists around here who bike in all weather, but they are mostly
alcoholics who have lost their licenses.

Oh, say yee. What proof do you have foul mouth.
I have only ridden a bike since 8 years old, 44 years. Cept had a
motorcycle for 2 years till somebody trashed it. Anything below 5 miles is
said to be more practical by bike and I agree.
Plus you get fit and do not spend lota time at the doctors.
For some it may not be practical but to say every one else is a drunk
without a license is a troll stamp.

cheers
I bought another motorcycle this May. street legal dirt bike and you get
even worse treatment than a cyclist. Must be the label thingy. I did it
for another hobby and thought the gas would be excellent but the insurance
is murder on these things.