Old November 13th 08, 07:00 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Naomi

Default Giraffe Discussion Thread

johnfoss;1130179 wrote:
You really get what you pay for. You can beef up the wheel though, with
a stronger rim and solid wheel-build, but the drivetrain will still be
that of a giraffe. It's not made for Trials, if that's what you meant. A
little hopping around should be fine though.

...although you can still have fun on one. I have a video somewhere
taken a few years ago of Zyllan, when he was about 12, riding a 5 foot
DM down a snow covered sledging slope. The DM is of course tough as old
boots, and would probably, along with the cockroaches, survive a direct
hit nuclear attack.

I bought a second hand DM giraffe myself, very cheaply, a couple of
years ago. It is not an everyday ride though, so very heavy and hard to
transport that I confess to only having ridden it a half dozen times.
At the cheap price it was worth it, but had I paid the full price I
would have probably better spent the money elsewhere. And no, I can't
freemount it.

Nao

--
Naomi

The dress in which I unicycled was not THAT short, but in retrospect, I
think that maybe the blue one would have been more appropriate to the
terrain.