Old July 23rd 17, 01:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jon B. Slocomb

Default More automotive+cyclist silliness in Ontario

On Sat, 22 Jul 2017 12:47:35 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 7/22/2017 4:43 AM, Jon B. Slocomb wrote:
On Fri, 21 Jul 2017 19:06:32 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 7/21/2017 4:46 PM, wrote:
Yikes:
http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/...ook%3Anational.

Yow. And many Americans believe all Canadians are nice, calm and polite.

And they all speak French too :-)

I may have mentioned this, but: On a road trip in Canada a few years
ago, we passed through New Brunswick. (It's a good place to, um, pass
through.) Their road signs were bilingual, in English and French.

Then we went into Nova Scotia, and especially Cape Breton, our intended
destination. Their road signs were in English and Gaelic.

On the way home we went through Quebec. Their signs were in French.
ONLY in French!

Years ago I played golf with a gentleman from the Canadian embassy (in
Bangkok) who spoke with a very definite French accent who told me that
in, at least some of, Canadian government services you were required
to be bi-lingual.

Of course, I also knew a fellow from Louisiana who talked with a
definite French accent. Said he never spoke English until he went to
school :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.